Parmesan, Zucchini and Corn Salad
A healthy recipe to start the new year with! Be careful not to overcook the corn and zucchini. Cook them just long enough for the veggies to be infused with the garlic oil, but still crisp.
- 3 tblsp (45 ml) Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 8 Zucchinis, diced
- 2 c (500ml) Corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1/2 teasp (2,5 ml) Basil, dried
- 1/2 teasp (2,5 ml) Oregano, dried
- 1/2 teasp (2,5 ml) Thyme, dried
- Salt and Black pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tblsp (30ml) Cilantro, chopped
- 2 tblsp (30ml) Parmesan, finely grated.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add zucchini, corn, basil, oregano and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally until zucchini is tender and cooked through. about 3-4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
- You can replaced the lime juice with lemon juice.