This is the first time ever that I’ve baked Ginger Biscuits. I found the recipe in ‘Knuppeldik aan Koningskos’, a recipe book that my mom gave me. The ginger biscuits did receive the families stamp of approval, as the batch of biscuits only lasted a day.
|6 cups||Cake Flour|
|2 tblsp (30 ml)||Ginger|
|1 cup||Golden Syrup|
|3 teasp (15 ml)||Bicarbonate of Soda, dissolved in 30ml milk|
|¼ teasp (1.25 ml)||Salt|
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Whisk together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the golden syrup and bicarbonate of soda to the sugar mixture.
- Mix the flour and salt together and add to sugar mixture.
- Cover with plastic and leave in refrigerator for 60 min.
- Roll dough into small balls, place onto greased baking tray and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Source: Knuppeldik aan Koningskos