Fish with lemon-and-cream sauce
I originally got this recipe from the ‘Ina Paarman’ cookbook. The only technique involved is the "flicking of your wrist" while mixing the ingredients in the casserole dish, which is the same casserole dish that you are going to serve this amazing creamy, lemony fish from.
I love the balance between the tanginess of the lemon and the roundness of the cream. Don’t be shy with the black pepper, it gives the most wonderful flavour burst with every bite.
This is really for those don’t-know-what-to-cook days. Make a second batch of the sauce in a separate bowl. Freeze the sauce and raw fish together in a zip lock bag. Voila, next week Thursday’s supper sorted.
1,5 kg firm white fish, fileted and skinned. Hake is good, but be adventurous, try others too.
1 bag Lemon-and-Herb marinade (I’ve used different brands put prefer the ‘Ina Paarman’ marinade)
125ml Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Black Pepper to taste, use a pepper grinder.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220’C.
- Season the fish with sea salt.
- Mix the Lemon-and-Herb marinade, cream, parmesan cheese and black pepper in the casserole dish.
- Add the fish portions and cover them with the lemon-and-cream sauce. Add more black pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 20 min.