Easy Mini Quiches
Like in a relay race where the baton is passed from the one athlete to the next, this recipe was passed on a few times from one kitchen to the next. If people keep passing it on, it has to be good.
The recipe was given by a very good friend of mine Germien. As sunshine on a cloudy day I can still remember the first time when we’ve met. I remember we had a discussion about cupcakes. Germien is one of those people who brings sunshine to your life. When she enters a room the joy inside of her changes the atmosphere around each and everyone.
Thanks for the recipe!
|750ml (3 c)||Cream|
|1||Packet White Onion Soup|
Roll Puff Pastry
|Grated cheese of your choice|
|Fillings:||Spinach and feta|
|Bacon and cheese|
|Pear and blue cheese|
|Roasted butternut with feta and biltong|
- Set the oven rack in the middle, and preheat oven to 180’C.
- Lightly grease mini quiche pans (12 cup) with cooking spray or butter.
- In a bowl, mix the cream, white onion soup, eggs and parsley (optional) with a fork until mixed together well.
- Using an egg ring, glass or pastry cutter, cut circles out of the defrosted puff pastry and place into the greased mini quiche pans (you can use muffin trays but the patty cake ones fit better).
- Spoon the filling of your choice to every pan.
- Fill the individual pans with the cream, soup and egg mixture.
- Finish with grated cheese.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.